Sunday, June 11, 2017

So the servant put his hand under the thigh of his master Abraham and swore an oath to him concerning this matter.

Genesis 24

So the servant put his hand under the thigh of his master Abraham and swore an oath to him concerning this matter. v9

There comes a time in a young man's life where the influences of others become as significant as his parents.  Therefore, we as parents much take appropriate steps to ensure that our young men find themselves in the right environment.  We cannot pick their friends but we can create appropriate environments for them, just as Abraham seeks with his servant for his son Issac.

I want you to swear by the Lord, the God of heaven and the God of earth, that you will not get a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I am living, but will go to my country and my own relatives and get a wife for my son Isaac.” v3-4

I must also be Jesus for my sons.

Lord, help me create appropriate environments for both of my sons Zach and Dustin.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God who has blessed me beyond what I deserve.  I have health, family, provision, etc.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such blessings.  I continue in my sin.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.   Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.