Monday, June 19, 2017

In great fear and distress Jacob divided the people who were with him into two groups, and the flocks and herds and camels as well. He thought, “If Esau comes and attacks one group, the group that is left may escape.” Then Jacob prayed...

Genesis 32

In great fear and distress Jacob divided the people who were with him into two groups, and the flocks and herds and camels as well. He thought, “If Esau comes and attacks one group, the group that is left may escape.”  Then Jacob prayed...v7-9

Jacob and his mother Rebekah tricked Issac into giving Jacob the eldest son's blessing - even though Jacob is the younger son  and Esau is the older. It would not be surprising for Esau to be angry should Jacob return home after fleeing.  Of course, Jacob is worried.  Yet he hedges his bets by devising his own plan to protect himself, while also praying.

God wants us to love and trust Him (Exodus 20, Matthew 22) and for us to come to Him with all of our concerns.


Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:29-30
The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14:14
See also Matthew 6:25:34 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God as You are faithful, even when I am not.  Thank You Jesus for Your unending faithfulness.  You are my God and I love You.  Yet I know I am undeserving of such a God.  I am lazy.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You instead.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.