Wednesday, June 14, 2017

His mother said to him, “My son, let the curse fall on me. Just do what I say; go and get them for me.”

Genesis 27

His mother said to him, “My son, let the curse fall on me. Just do what I say; go and get them for me.” v13

Once again we see how those in the Bible take matters into their own hands vs trusting God with the plan He has for us. Rebekah initiates the plan to trick Issac and Esau.  We must be clear that it is a sin to not love and trust God (Exodus 20) and we must be clear that nothing can stop God's plans.

Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21

See also post here.

But they do not know the thoughts of the Lord; they do not understand his plan[.] Micah 4:12
 
Lord, please help me trust in You.
 
My Prayer: Jesus, You are a great God that has seen me through good times and bad.  You are faithful and You are always there for me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a God because I often neglect my relationship with You.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.