Wednesday, June 28, 2017

But while Joseph was there in the prison, the Lord was with him; he showed him kindness and granted him favor in the eyes of the prison warden. v20-21

Genesis 39

But while Joseph was there in the prison, the Lord was with him; he showed him kindness and granted him favor in the eyes of the prison warden. v20-21

This may not have been the escape Joseph sought when he ran from Potiphar's wife (see post yesterday) yet God has a plan for all of us and it is good (Jeremiah 29:11).  Plus, God's thoughts and ways are not our own - we may not know or understand what He is doing but we can trust in Him.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.     Isaiah 55:8

I've seen how God works (for my good and His glory) in my own life and am amazed.

We know from Genesis 41 that Joseph is put in charge of all of Egypt - God has a plan indeed for Joseph.

My Prayer: Lord, You are an awesome God who has a plan - and it is great.  I don't know Your plan but I trust in You.  Thank You for how You have blessed and protected me.  I am not worth such love because I often don't have faith or trust....and I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome such sin and turn from it towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.