Saturday, June 10, 2017

I swear by myself, declares the Lord, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me.”

Genesis 22

I swear by myself, declares the Lord, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me.” v16-18

God wants nothing to come between us and Him, including our own family.  We must make God the highest priority in our lives, and in so doing prevent even our family from becoming an idol.  Abraham and Sarah waited many years to have a child of their own and without a doubt it brought much joy to them.  Yet we can often place family above our relationship with Jesus.  This can happen as we often desire child to glorify ourselves vs God.

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God[.] Psalm 143:10
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God, worthy of my full attention and worthy of being the highest priority in my life.  You created me, You have blessed me, and You are full of compassion and mercy for me - even though I am far from deserving.  I am selfish.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.