Sunday, June 18, 2017

May the God of Abraham and the God of Nahor, the God of their father, judge between us.

Genesis 31

May the God of Abraham and the God of Nahor, the God of their father, judge between us. v53

In Genesis 29-31, we see deception and manipulation between Jacob and Laban - both parties are guilty of such deception and manipulation of each other.  We deceive and we manipulate when we lack trust in God that He can provide and resolve our concerns. We take matters into our own hands and we should not. 

Finally, in verse 53, Laban says what we should also say during difficult circumstances - that God reigns in all circumstances and that should rest and submit to Him and give thanks in all circumstances.

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are in control and You are a great God for how You provide during all times.  We don't need to worry or manipulate anything - You are able!  Yet I often doubt or I do take matters into my own hands - please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.