Thursday, July 27, 2017

[E]veryone who was willing and whose heart moved them came and brought an offering to the Lord for the work on the tent of meeting, for all its service, and for the sacred garments.

Exodus 35

[E]veryone who was willing and whose heart moved them came and brought an offering to the Lord for the work on the tent of meeting, for all its service, and for the sacred garments. v21

God wants us to be a cheerful giver - He commands us to tithe, yet we are to be cheerful as we do it because God is concerned about our heart condition not just our actions.  Note how in this chapter of Exodus it is stressed:

"All who were willing" v22
"All the Israelite men and women who were willing" v29

In the Old Testament, "freewill offering" is mentioned 22 times.

Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7

It is the same thing in our relationship with Jesus: we are invited into a relationship with Him but we must accept this invitation and then submit to Him, in the same way He willingly laid down His life for us.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who willingly laid down Your life for me so that I would have victory over sin and death - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love as I am selfish and I have other sin that continues.  Please forgive me and help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself strength and wisdom.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message today and every day.