Wednesday, July 19, 2017

You are to be my holy people.

Exodus 22

You are to be my holy people. v31

In Exodus, the Lord gives the Israelites not only the Ten Commandments (see Exodus 20), but also rules for living - God desires us to be Holy because we are made in His image and for His glory.

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:27

The people] are the shoot I have planted, the work of my hands, for the display of my splendor.  Isiah 60:21

God calls us to be Holy because He is Holy.

See also posts here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God, full of love, mercy, compassion, patience, etc. - thank You for Your love and sacrifice.  I am not worth such love.  I continue to sin.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself strength and wisdom. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.