Friday, July 28, 2017

He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers—all of them skilled workers and designers.

Exodus 35

He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers—all of them skilled workers and designers. v35

Arrogance is a sin that has afflicted me and God has done much to both humble me and sharpen me - I am grateful.  Scripture this morning reminds me that we are to remain humble and to understand where our blessings come from - not our own hand but from God alone.

We are given free will to exercise our ability to be a steward of our time, treasure and talents but again all these things come from God.

There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work. 1 Corinthians 12:4-6

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

See also the Parable of the Talents.

We are to be humble.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who has blessed me beyond what I deserve.  You loved me and rescued me while I was still sinning and You continue to love me now as my sin continues.  Thank You God but please forgive me for my selfishness and anger.  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You instead.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.