Saturday, July 29, 2017

The Israelites had done all the work just as the Lord had commanded Moses. Moses inspected the work and saw that they had done it just as the Lord had commanded. So Moses blessed them.

Exodus 39

The Israelites had done all the work just as the Lord had commanded Moses. Moses inspected the work and saw that they had done it just as the Lord had commanded. So Moses blessed them. v42-43

As they constructed the Tabernacle and Tent of Meeting, Moses and the Israelites did everything "just as the Lord commanded".  This phrase appears over 15 times in the books of Exodus and Numbers. 

These words offer both encouragement and a warning.

Encouragement in the sense that God blesses those who follow Him and His commandments.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

Warning in the sense that we should avoid our own way of life but instead follow God alone.

"For if [Jesus' disciples] purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” Acts 5:38-39
 
See more here and here.
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God, full of love and compassion for me - thank You Jesus for giving me many second chances and for all the compassion and forgiveness You pour out for me.  Forgive me for my anger and impatience for others.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself strength and wisdom.  Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day