Friday, July 14, 2017

How long will you refuse to keep my commands and my instructions?

Exodus 16

How long will you refuse to keep my commands and my instructions? v28
  
As the grumbling and complaining continued, the Lord became impatient.  The Israelites were rescued from Egypt and God had been providing for their needs, yet the Israelites lacked faith - they would not follow His instructions because they did not believe or trust Him fully (which is the most important commandment - see Matthew 22:37).  God is indeed a patient God but His patience is not unlimited. 

See the story of Ananias and Sapphira - both held onto their money tightly, and God desires us to be a cheerful giver.

As well, we don't know when Jesus will return and we need to be ready.  In Revelations, God is angry with the church at Laodicea - that they are luke warm in their faith and clearly not "ready". 

Jesus, help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and run the race with endurance - being ready and not dropping my focus on You - on good days and bad.  I know You are with me.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed a great God!  Thank You for loving me and adopting my mom and for saving a place for her in Heaven where she is not enjoying everlasting life and peace.  Thank You Jesus.  Yet I fail to be more bold in sharing You with others.  Please forgive me and help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me be more bold.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself strength and wisdom.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.