Wednesday, July 26, 2017

When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the covenant law in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the Lord.

Exodus 34

When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the covenant law in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the Lord. v29

We all want God to be us - and He is always.  This is a promise He makes many times - one such time is in Matthew 28:20. However, we should be more concerned about BEING more like Jesus. God wants us to glorify Him and bring others to Him - so we should focus on submitting to Him and allowing Him to work in and through us....just as Moses does here.

We want to be seen as the hands and feet (and face) of Jesus.

See Acts 6:15, where Stephen, although under arrest, faces the Sanhedrin and appears like an angel.

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I know You love me and You are slow to anger and abounding in love and compassion for me.  I see this in my own life...daily.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I am selfish and I have other sin.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself strength and wisdom.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.