Saturday, July 15, 2017

Moses built an altar and called it The Lord is my Banner.

Exodus 17

Moses built an altar and called it The Lord is my Banner. v15

In life, we don't know what lies ahead - only God knows.  There may be good times, there may be bad times - regardless of whether the times are good or bad, God is with us (Matthew 28:20).  God knows all the days of our lives (Psalm 139) and he makes a number of promises to us (and God ALWAYS keeps His promises), including that He has a good and perfect plan for our life (Jeremiah 29:11, Romans 8:28), and that He is preparing a place for us in Heaven (John 14:2).

The Lord is MY Banner - he leads me and I can trust in Him.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. Psalm 40:2

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.  He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.  Psalm 23

My Prayer: Lord You are a GREAT God, who is always with me, who is perfect and good and who goes before me always and has a place for me in Heaven!  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love.  I am harsh with my words.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.