Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Saul died because he was unfaithful to the Lord; he did not keep the word of the Lord and even consulted a medium for guidance, and did not inquire of the Lord. So the Lord put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David son of Jesse.

1 Samuel 28, 31, 1 Chronicles 10:13-14, and 2 Samuel 1, 4 

Saul died because he was unfaithful to the Lord; he did not keep the word of the Lord and even consulted a medium for guidance, and did not inquire of the Lord. So the Lord put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David son of Jesse. 1 Chronicles 10:13-14

Day 93 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) focuses on Saul and Jonathan's death, as well as David's reaction.  1 Chronicles 10:13-14 states the reason for Saul's death.  On the other hand, we have David who is a "man after God's heart" (see 1 Samuel 13:14, and Acts 13:22).

Saul sought affirmation and satisfaction from others.  Instead, God wants us to seek Him out and to gain satisfaction from Him.

This reference includes many verses about how God cares about a heart for Him.

We are all longing for something and too often we seek satisfaction from creation, not the creator. We should hunger and thirst for righteousness (Matthew 5:6) as ONLY God will satisfy and fill the longing we all have. See John Piper on this.

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who HAS filled me...well beyond what I deserve!  Thank You Jesus for satisfying my longing and then some!  I am not deserving of such love.  I sin...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.