Saturday, October 3, 2020

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Job 4-7

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Day 252 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues as continue my study of Job. This morning, I point back to my commentary* for assistance to digest Job chapters 4-7 where my commentary indicates that in an effort to help explain why Job is suffering, "[Job's friends] try to convince him that the answer lies in a simple syllogism: God always punishes sin; suffering is the result of sin; therefore Job is more of a sinner than he is willing to admit. Throughout it all, Job maintains his innocence and demands to know God’s rationale."

*Smith, F. LaGard. The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®). Harvest House Publishers. Kindle Edition. 

Suffering might suggest an absence of God in our life, yet as I posted yesterday, God is always at work

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who is always working in my life - providing for me, protecting me, encouraging me, etc.  I know You also saved me!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such gifts!  I continue to sin with worry being the chief among my sins.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind, and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.