Saturday, October 24, 2020

Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind.

Psalm 107, 116, 118, and 125

Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind. Psalm 107:8, 15, 21, 31

Day 273 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues with the 11 psalms my commentary* describes as "praise to God for hearing the people’s prayers in captivity and for being faithful in his promises of restoration". Today, I review Psalm 107, 116, 118, and 125. 

*Smith, F. LaGard. The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®). Harvest House Publishers. Kindle Edition. 

The highlighted verse in Psalm 107 sticks out of course because it is repeated four times - worth focus today.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, Your love indeed never fails and Your deeds are indeed wonderful - I have seen them in my own life and in the lives of others.  I am humbled that You would love me as You do and provide for me as You do.  Thank You Jesus. I am not deserving of such love.  My sin continues....daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day