Wednesday, July 13, 2022

For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

Galatians 6

For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. Galatians 6:8

This morning, I paused on my studies of both Isaiah and of Proverbs to listen to and reflect on DesiringGod.com's Solid Joys daily devotional, where John Piper looks at Galatians 6:8 and "how force will move us out of our contented living rooms to take upon ourselves the inconveniences and suffering that love [of God and others] requires?" He looks at what it means to "sow to the Spirit." He writes: "[w]e want more of God. And we want this more than we want our private, disturbance-free security and comfort. Faith loves to rely on God and see him work miracles in us. Therefore, faith pushes us into the current where the power of God’s future grace flows most freely — the current of love."  We as believers should push ourselves (lean into God, study, prayer, spiritual disciplines, etc.) and ask God for this kind of faith and for us to bear fruit.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who is full of grace and compassion for me, and You provide the Holy Spirit to work in me - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of all the blessings You pour out for me and for how You give me the Holy Spirit as my Helper.  My sin is great and it continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.