Monday, July 11, 2022

Sing for joy, O heavens, and exult, O earth; break forth, O mountains, into singing!

Isaiah 47-50

Sing for joy, O heavens, and exult, O earth; break forth, O mountains, into singing! Isaiah 49:13

I resumed my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series - today moving on to Lesson 18 day 4a, which focuses on Isaiah 49:1-13. Having already started a study of Isaiah 49 within this lesson on day 3, and having reviewed my commentary on this chapter, I now recognize Jesus as being the key speaker in Isaiah 49:1-13. In 8-13, we see Jesus as:

  • answering/helping us (v8)
  • as a covenant to the people (v8)
  • establishing the land (v8)
  • freeing prisoners from sin/bondage (v9)
  • feeding us (both spiritually/physically) (v9)
  • not hungering or thirsting (including spiritually/physically) (v10)
  • protected (v10)
  • led/shepherded (v10)
  • provides a path to God (v11)
  • comforts and has compassion on us (v13)

My commentary describes how Jesus is praised by the "heavens and earth [v13], set free at last from decay [Romans 8:19]."  For this and more, we should recognize Jesus as worthy of praise, honor and glory forever and ever! (1 Timothy 1:17, Revelation 5:13, 7:12).  Our lives should reflect such praise, honor, and glory - Romans 12:1.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who is worthy of all praise, honor and glory, forever and ever!  I am not deserving of the love and blessings You pour out for me - daily.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and energy.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.