Thursday, June 15, 2023

[A]s the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you.

Isaiah 62

[A]s the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you. Isaiah 62:5b

I continue to lean on DesiringGod.com's Solid Joys daily devotion, which today uses the analogy of a marriage and how the honeymoon never ends as it describes God's love for us. Piper shares: "[God] is talking about honeymoon intensity and honeymoon pleasures and honeymoon energy and excitement and enthusiasm and enjoyment. He is trying to get into our hearts what he means when he says he rejoices over us with all his heart." Piper refers us to Jeremiah 32:41 and Zephaniah 3:17 to emphasize that God's love, intensity, pleasures, energy, excitement, and enthusiasm is with all of His heart - unlike an early marriage where it is often said that the "honeymoon is over." Incredible!  

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who pursues me with all of Your heart and You rejoice over me - incredible.  Thank You Jesus for such blessings.  Yet I am not deserving of such blessings.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my hearts, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.