Thursday, July 4, 2024

And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him--a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Ecclesiastes 4:7-12 and 5:10-6:12

And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him--a threefold cord is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12

I continue my study of Ecclesiastes using the Christ-Centered Exposition commentary series volume for this book.  Today, my focus is a commentary-assisted review of Ecclesiastes 4:7-12, which covers the first part of second division of the commentary chapter titled Money Is Meaningless without Jesus - this second division specifically is referred to in the commentary as Antidotes to Satisfaction in Money, with the first part referred to as Meaningful Relationships.  The commentary offers one key new insights above and beyond my post yesterday, by sharing in reference to v12 that "no three-cord strand is superior to our Triune God! Never forget. Jesus who was sent by the Father and empowered by the Holy Spirit died for a church, not just individual souls. We were created and redeemed for community, a community beautifully displayed in our Triune God."  To unpack this further, I reviewed these resources - DesiringGod.com: The Trinity of Persons and Cru.org: Understanding the Trinity: How Can God Be Three Persons in One? to help me better understand The Trinity as it is not something I have previously understood well. Rejoice in the Trinity as a perfect example of community for believers!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Thank You God for Your amazing grace and for the community You provide through the Trinity, the church, other believers, etc. I am not deserving of such incredible blessings.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please continue to heal Lisa of her cancer and from he side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.