Thursday, July 18, 2024

But all this I laid to heart, examining it all, how the righteous and the wise and their deeds are in the hand of God.

Ecclesiastes 9

But all this I laid to heart, examining it all, how the righteous and the wise and their deeds are in the hand of God. Ecclesiastes 9:1

I continue my study of Ecclesiastes using the Christ-Centered Exposition commentary series volume for this book. My focus this morning is Ecclesiastes 9 and how the takeaway of this text relates to the first division of the commentary: God Has a Design for Everything. As a segue from chapter 8, where I posted yesterday how God's thoughts and ways are not the same as ours, and how we should seek God and the Holy Spirit to better understand our circumstances, this morning in chapter 9 - right away in v1 - we are reminded that our lives are in God's hands.  See James 4:13-16 and how we should approach God with humility knowing that our lives are in God's hands. We should then understand that we exist to glorify God and that we should strive to understand God's will for our lives - see Romans 12:2 and lean hard into God and His Word and seek renewing of Your mind.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are SO SO good! ...in all things and at all times.  Thank You Jesus for Your goodness, blessings, and for my salvation - my cup overflows and I am not deserving...not one bit.  My sin continues today and it will tomorrow and until I meet You face to face and what a glorious day that will be.  I don't know what my life holds but I know that You hold me in Your hands, I am sealed forever, and that You are saving a place for me in Heaven.  Amazing grace indeed.  Help me love You and worship You with all of my heart, soul and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Please continue to heal Lisa from cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.