Tuesday, July 16, 2024

In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider: God has made the one as well as the other, so that man may not find out anything that will be after him.

Ecclesiastes 7:14-25

In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider: God has made the one as well as the other, so that man may not find out anything that will be after him. Ecclesiastes 7:14

I resume my study of Ecclesiastes using the Christ-Centered Exposition commentary series volume for this book. Building on my study yesterday, my focus this morning is Ecclesiastes 7:14-25 and how the takeaway of this text relates to the first division of the commentary: God Has a Design for Everything. Clearly, Solomon's text in v14 describes how God designed and has providence over both prosperity and adversity - God is in both and we should see God at work in both.  The text also shares how this should humble humanity such that - apart from God - we should not think with any certainty we know what happens to us after we die. Yet for believers we know we have eternal life as God promises this and He is faithful.  Surrender your life to Jesus Christ - be saved from sin now and for eternity. 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are SO good - I know all things come from You and that You are in all circumstances.  Thank You for using all circumstances to make me more like You.  I am broken without You.  Your grace is amazing indeed.  Thank You Jesus! I am not deserving of the grace and blessings You pour out for me.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please continue to heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.