Monday, October 6, 2014

"All this I have told you so that you will not fall away."

John 16

"All this I have told you so that you will not fall away." v1
  
Jesus warns His disciples that things are going to get difficult.  Our relationships will be impacted, careers, and for many people in certain parts of the world, your life will be in danger.  On this latter point, I am thankful that I live in the U.S. where I don't fear for my life by being a Christian.  

We are to recognize that what Jesus has left us with (Bible, Holy Spirit, etc.) will help us endure.   Once we recognize that we have these things, we should theoretically be better armed to ensure trials and temptations.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great...in ways that I can only imagine being great for myself.  I know that through You I can be great when I allow You to work through me...although I have doubts...often.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me for my doubts.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.