Thursday, October 23, 2014

“Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.” v36

Acts 2

“Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.” v36

Wow...Peter is "on fire"!  Surely, one cannot read Peter's message to those who witnessed the events of Acts 2 and walk away thinking this was the Peter "himself".  It is the Peter whom God promised to all His children: the God who will always be there, and who will always work and speak through us.  Just as God gave Moses words, Jesus gives Peter words.  Here is God talking to Moses:

But Moses said, “Pardon your servant, Lord. Please send someone else.”
 
Then the Lord’s anger burned against Moses and he said, “What about your brother, Aaron the Levite? I know he can speak well. He is already on his way to meet you, and he will be glad to see you. You shall speak to him and put words in his mouth; I will help both of you speak and will teach you what to do.  He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him. Exodus 4:13-16

I know I have access to the power of Christ when I speak but I often rely on myself and speak harshly as a result.

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. James 3:9-10

My Prayer:  Lord You are indeed great and Your words have power...all the power I will ever need.  Through Scripture and the Holy Spirit, I know I have access to the all the power I need...yet I am not deserving to have such power.  I sin often and misuse my words by being harsh.  Thank You that You love me anyway Jesus but please forgive me and help me turn from such sin.  Help me turn towards You instead.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.