Wednesday, October 29, 2014

For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

Acts 4

For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need. v34-35

I am blessed with resources well beyond what I need and I am convicted to be generous with my resources with the church and others in need.

Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.  2 Corinthians 9:7

My Prayer: Lord, You have indeed blessed me well beyond what I need and provide for all of my needs - spiritual, emotional, physical, etc.  You protect, heal, encourage, and teach me, just to name a few among the infinite number of ways You bless me.  You suffered a gruesome death...willingly...for me.  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I am quick to anger, slow to listen, selfish, harsh with my words, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me turn towards You instead.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me be cheerful giver.