Wednesday, October 15, 2014

"In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth."

John 18

"In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth." v37

We all know that Jesus came to earth to die for our sins so that we would no longer be slaves to our sins.  Jesus says this another way in this verse above...He stands for truth.   Truth for many is a threat...a threat to control over people, status, etc.  Pilate and the Jewish leaders know this so they have no problem killing Jesus. 

We must examine the extent to which we are threatened by Truth.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great and Your word is great.  The Word is truth and it is God and I have seen my heart and life transformed by the Word and by God.  I am grateful indeed, even more so because I am not deserving of such love and blessing.  I lack patience, compassion, kindness...and instead am harsh, quick to anger and slow to listen.  Thank You that You love me anyway Jesus but please forgive me...help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.