Tuesday, October 28, 2014

They could not decide how to punish them, because all the people were praising God for what had happened. For the man who was miraculously healed was over forty years old.

Acts 4

They could not decide how to punish them, because all the people were praising God for what had happened. For the man who was miraculously healed was over forty years old. v21-22

Filled with the Holy Spirit, Peter and John spoke powerfully and healed the lame beggar.  It was undeniable to all, including the Jewish leaders, that there was something very powerful within Peter and John.  Several challenges come to mind, including:
  • do I request and allow the Holy Spirit to work through me?
  • what is my response when I witness the Holy Spirit at work - do I deny it or do I submit?
 Scripture here and below comes to mind:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

In all my ways...this is key.

My Prayer: Jesus, You are great indeed.  That You are able to redeem my sin and use it for Your glory is incredible. I know I deserve to die yet You chose me and then redeemed me through Your death on the cross.  I am not worth such love, blessing, and sacrifice.  I am quick to anger, harsh with my words, selfish, prideful, slow to listen, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do and help me grow in my faith.