Friday, October 17, 2014

Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

John 21

Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written. v25

We all want more evidence that Jesus is real, particularly in times of distress.  What is true however, in my view, is that we are more likely to build our faith in Jesus when times are good.  We must be aware of the blessings that we do have, remain humble that they are not of our hand, and believe instead that they are of God's hand.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great and I am unbelievably blessed...unbelievable to the extent that I KNOW it is not my hand but Yours.  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I am lazy, selfish, disobedient, impatient, quick to anger, slow to listen, and harsh.  Thank You that You love me anyway, but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do and help me grow in my faith.