Thursday, October 16, 2014

“We have no king but Caesar,” the chief priests answered.

John 19

“We have no king but Caesar,” the chief priests answered. v15

What is interesting here is that the Jews very often accepted and even wanted a king.  

“You are old, and your sons do not follow your ways; now appoint a king to lead us, such as all the other nations have.” 1 Samuel 8:5

The chief priests just did not want Jesus as their King.  The question of course becomes: do I reject Jesus?  No and Yes.  Not explicitly but implicitly through sin and disobedience.  

My Prayer: Lord Jesus...You are a great God full of love and compassion for me.  You know everything about me...including my sin, even sin I have yet to commit...yet You love me anyway and You even died for me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such love and blessing.  I am full of anger, selfishness, impatience, etc. Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.