Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Then they prayed, “Lord, you know everyone’s heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen o take over this apostolic ministry, which Judas left to go where he belongs.” Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles.

Acts 1

Then they prayed, “Lord, you know everyone’s heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen o take over this apostolic ministry, which Judas left to go where he belongs.” Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles.  V24-26

God wants us to come to Him in prayer for everything - big and small - we are to be dependent on Him for all things...wisdom in daily decisions included.  We cannot assume that a detail of life is too small to concern Jesus...not true.  While the choice of a new apostle to replace Judas is certainly deserving of Christ's wisdom through prayer, I often make many consequential decisions without going to the Lord in prayer.

Similarly, we cannot assume that anyone is inconsequential to Him....we all matter:

Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly;
    though lofty, he sees them from afar. Psalm 138:6

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, though You are the Name above all Names, the Lord Most High, You love me even though You know everything about me, including all of my sin...how great You are!  I am not worth Your love and blessing Jesus.  I am lazy, selfish, harsh with my words, impatient, quick to anger, slow to listen, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.