Monday, October 27, 2014

"By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see."

Acts 3

"By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see." v16

Building on my post from yesterday, there is no doubt that Peter is a changed man.  Transformed of course by the Power of the Holy Spirit:


 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

Contrast Peter's words above that reflect a focus on God versus a focus on himself in the scriptures below:

But Peter declared, “Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you.” And all the other disciples said the same. Matthew 26:35 (prideful Peter)

...

“Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. Luke 22:31 (arrogant Peter)

Clearly, Peter is transformed via Christ and the Holy Spirit and his focus on God first and himself second.  Humility is key to growth in Christ - we are to be Christ-focused, then "others" focused.

My Prayer: Lord, You are indeed great as I have personally seen my mind, heart, and life transformed by the Power of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.  Thank You Jesus for such love and blessing!  I am not deserving of such love and blessing - I am quick to anger, slow to listen, impatient, prideful, arrogant, selfish, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.