Tuesday, October 7, 2014

"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

John 16

"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” v33

In small group this past Sunday, we were talking about the day's sermon at church on why bad things happen to good people.  For believers it is important to recognize that bad things happen to good people because God says so...simple as that.  It is part of God's plan.  Why is it part of God's plan?  So that God can be glorified.  If we need to elaborate, He knows better than I do why things happen, He has a plan, and the bad things are part of the plan.  I can question further but I lean on scripture such as Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

My Prayer: Lord You are great because You are able to turn suffering into glory and blessing, just as You are able to turn water into wine, part the Red Sea, make manna fall from the sky, etc.  I should not doubt Your greatness or wisdom or that You love me but I sometimes do.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me.  Help me turn from such sin and doubts and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.