Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say."

Acts 2

Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say." v14

While it is typical of Peter to sometimes be impulsive and act without thought (see Matthew 26:33-35, John 18:10).  Peter's impulsiveness here seems...well...less impulsive.  Peter (and all the apostles) has previously been called to spread the good news of Jesus Christ, but now he has the Holy Spirit to guide him. 

"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth." John 16:13

This time, he is rooted in Truth and backed by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Somehow, in my view, this is either not at all, or certainly less impulsive.

Question is...ARE you less impulsive if you act quickly but you are rooted in faith and confident in the leading of the Holy Spirit?

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great not only of course because You know everything about me yet You chose me then suffered and died for me.  You are great also because You sent the Holy Spirit to help me and to give me power.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I am impatient, arrogant, selfish, prideful, quick to anger, slow to listen, and harsh with my words.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help grow in my faith.  Help me fully appreciate, understand, and use the power of the Holy Spirit.