Wednesday, January 7, 2015

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Romans 8

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. v28

I often wonder whether I am truly being obedient to God's will and whether decisions I am making are according to God's will.  Rather than choose to focus on the unknowns, I focus on what is known...that I am to love God with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  I am then to love others as Jesus does.  I also focus on God's promises, such as this one today that God works all things (the good and the bad in my perception as for God it is all good) for the good of those who love Him.  I pray that my life, my love, etc. for Him is sufficient.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great...beyond my or any description. I know You have always and always will work for me...doing things for me...and that You are always there.  What a great God You are!  I am not worth such love and devotion.  I am weak...full of excuses for disobedience.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.