Thursday, January 22, 2015

By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.

Romans 16

By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. v18

I often lament that I don't have the kinds of close intimate relationships with people that God calls us to have.  Based on appearances of others' relationships, I develop envy.  Yet I need to beware that looking at others obscures what I do have and what God provides for me.  I also need to beware that I might be tempted to behave in such a way that I develop the relationships I (vs what God thinks) think I need. 

I of course need to focus on the relationship I have in Christ.  See related posts here.

My Prayer: Lord, You are the only true friendship I really need...You provide, guide, protect, counsel, comfort, etc....like no person can!  I am truly thankful that I have a God like You in my life.  I am not worthy of such a God.  I am lazy, unforgiving, judgmental, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me instead to love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love and accept others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.