Monday, January 12, 2015

I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.

Romans 9

I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth. v17 (See also Exodus 9:16).

All of us a purpose and that is to glorify God.

See also Psalms 139, Jeremiah 29, etc.

My Prayer: Lord, You indeed are a great God able to do amazing things through Your children...all through sinners and ordinary people.  Indeed amazing.  I am humbled that You want to use me...for Your purposes...which are perfect and of course great.  I am not worth such love, trust, blessing, etc.  I am selfish, lazy, harsh with thoughts, words and actions, quick to anger and slow to listen...and of course these are just a few of my sins.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me and help me turn from such sin and towards You!  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and everyday.