Friday, January 23, 2015

I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.

1 Corinthians 1

I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. v10

I often feel like I am falling down in my role as the spiritual head of my household, in this message by Paul convicts me in the sense that I am not driving unity in thought and mind in as many ways as possible.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I am deeply grateful for the blood You shed for me...and for all those with whom I am close - my family, etc.  I know You died for all of humanity but the gift most precious to me is eternity in heaven with those closest to me and that they have the blessings of Christ with them while on earth.  I am not worth such an unbelievable blessing - I am lazy, harsh with my thoughts, words, actions, selfish, envious, worrisome, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.