Monday, January 5, 2015

The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again....

Romans 8

The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again....v15

Having posted Friday that I (as we all do) struggle with sin....although I desperately desire to live a holy life.  Today's verse provides hope in the sense that we are both saved from the wrath of God due to our sin and also from the cycle of shame and guilt we often suffer due to our sin.  God is both gracious and full of unbounded love for me..(and all of His children).  

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed a great God!  I am not worthy of the love, mercy, grace...all of the fruits of the spirit, that You freely give me.  I am impatient, harsh with my thoughts, words, and actions, quick to anger and slow to listen, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me...and help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength...help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.