Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, for,“Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

1 Corinthians 2

The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, for,“Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?”  But we have the mind of Christ. v15-16

For us to fully trust and have faith in Christ we must have an appreciation of the power of the Holy Spirit.  All believers have the Spirit and through the Spirit "we have the mind of Christ".  This is of course a power beyond imagination and one in which we "can do all things through Him who gives us strength" (Philippians 4:13)

My Prayer: Lord, what an awesome God that You provide such "assistance" for us...to guide us and to provide for us in all circumstances.  Yet this is no "mere" assistance...this is the essence and full power of Christ...in describable power.  Amazing!  I am not worthy of being a good steward of such power...but You trust me despite my weakness and sin.  Thank You Jesus!  Please forgive me for my selfishness, my harsh thoughts, words, and actions, my pride, etc.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today.