Thursday, January 8, 2015

I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race, the people of Israel.

Romans 9

I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart.  For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race, the people of Israel. v2-4

I should great sorrow for those who have yet to hear and receive the Good News of Jesus Christ...this should motivate me to tell my story and to tell others of Jesus.  I must be more intentional.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great in that You are goodness...all the time...You provide a peace and a joy that is unsurpassed and only available in and through You.  You provide the Holy Spirit so You can be with us all the time.  What an amazing gift You are!  I am not worth such a gift.  I am selfish, lazy, disobedient, harsh with my thoughts, words, and actions....I am prideful, I am quick to anger and slow to listen...and of course there is more.  Thank You that You love me anyway...knowing everything about me.  Please forgive me for my sin and help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and everyday.