Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.

Romans 12

Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. v3

I DO have a pride issue...I often think I should be doing more with job...that I am so much more capable and I should have more exciting job based on my intelligence, skills, and capabilities...this smacks of arrogance and it flies in the face with what Paul is saying here.  I should have a more sober assessment of myself so that I can more fully perform my function as part of God's plan for me and His church.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great - Your design is perfect as I experience Your design constantly and it is amazing how You work all things for Your glory!  I never cease to be amazed by You.  Your glory is deserved of course.  On the other hand I am not deserving of glory yet many times I think I am...this arrogance is sinful and I thank You that You love me Jesus but I need You to forgive me for such arrogance.  Please forgive me and help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand Your message for me, be obedient to it, and apply - today and every day.  I love You Jesus.