Tuesday, February 9, 2016

By them your servant is warned; in keeping them there is great reward. But who can discern their own errors? Forgive my hidden faults. v11-12





By them your servant is warned; in keeping them there is great reward. But who can discern their own errors? Forgive my hidden faults. v11-12

David asks a critical question here - "But who can discern their own errors?".  Yes, our Christian brothers and sisters can help us (see Proverbs 27:17, Matthew 18:15), but only God knows all aspects of all our sin, including our heart which is of course the key source of our sin.  It is ONLY through daily time with God and His word will He reveal to us our own sin and His message for us.

Come near to God and he will come near to you. James 4:8

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear. Isaiah 59:2

...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. Romans 3:23-24

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an incredible God You are!  You are so full of love, patience, mercy, compassion, gentleness, joy, patience, etc.  Thank You!  I am not deserving of such a God.  I fail to dispense these fruits to others as You have to me.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You Jesus.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin, and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message today and every day.