Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Test me, Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind....

Psalm 26

Test me, Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind....v2

The Bible is full of men and women who were tested by God - think of Abraham, Moses, Joseph (Genesis 37), Job, Ruth, Mary and Joseph, Peter, Paul, John, etc. We often think of tests as bad - something for which we must prepare for and expend effort.  No doubt this is true by tests also serve our good and God's glory by refining our faith and removing impurities as we become more like Jesus - see also here

We should all come to a place where we admit we need God, that we are "poor in spirit" (Matthew 5:3).  When we invite God into our lives and heart and He becomes our Lord and Savior, we must be prepared for God to work His will in our lives.  We must understand that God ALREADY knows everything about us, our sin, and our heart.  Key, however, is that we need to willingly turn over our lives and submit full control over our lives to Him - see also here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the Lord of all, King of Kings, ruler of all the universe - seen and unseen.  You are great not only because of WHAT You reign, but also HOW You reign.  You left the right hand of God and took on human flesh, suffered and died for me, knowing everything about me.  Thank You Jesus for all that You are and for all that You have done and continue to do for me.  I am not deserving of such a God.  I continue to lack in patience, I worry, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength. Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects of chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin, and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.