Monday, February 8, 2016

They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the honeycomb.

Psalm 19

They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the honeycomb. v10

Referring to God's decrees, His Word, or His commands for us, David believes that God's decrees are both pure and of immense value - more value than of course we can measure.  The questions for us become: do we value God's decrees as David does, and if not, what do we treasure.


Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21
 
“Cursed is the cheat who has an acceptable male in his flock and vows to give it, but then sacrifices a blemished animal to the Lord." Malachi 1:14
 
You are to give them the firstfruits of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the first wool from the shearing of your sheep...Deuteronomy 18:4
 
We need to treat God with the value He is and go to Him daily, and to invite Him in to all aspects of our lives.
 
It's not just about money, it's about time - how do we spend our time...do we have excuses for why we can't follow Jesus:
Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.” Luke 9:60
 
Also, don't ignore your spiritual giftings:

Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you. 1 Timothy 4:14

If we value God we will develop a relationship with Him, we will spend time with Him, we will worship Him, serve Him, and tell others as about Him.  If we don't it is a measure of our value of Him...

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God, full of mercy, grace, patience, compassion, etc. for me...even though I am not deserving!  Thank You Jesus but I continue to be harsh with those in my family.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome and turn from my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.