Thursday, February 11, 2016

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.

Psalm 20

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. v7

There are times where I place my trust in things or people or my own abilities, etc.  No doubt this is sinful...particularly in light of what I have recently posted here.  Additionally, John warns us here about placing our trust in "the world":

The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever. 1 John 2:17-19

There is also Jesus' warning:

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. Matthew 6:19-20

On the subject of humans plans vs desires and plans of God, click here and here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are - without a doubt, apart from You I can do nothing...yet I know there have been times when I trust in matters of the world more so than so and I know this is sinful - please forgive me Jesus!  Thank You for Your grace, mercy, compassion, patience, etc. but please forgive me and help me turn from such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love and trust You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message today and every day.