Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Rise up, Lord, confront them, bring them down; with your sword rescue me from the wicked. By your hand save me from such people, Lord, from those of this world whose reward is in this life.

Psalm 17

Rise up, Lord, confront them, bring them down; with your sword rescue me from the wicked. By your hand save me from such people, Lordfrom those of this world whose reward is in this life. v13-14

As I posted yesterday, our focus should always be upward, towards the eternal and towards His glory.  When we live a life for Jesus, we are promised to have "trouble".


“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

Yet trials from God are GOOD for us:


Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James1:2-3
As I posted here, God is a righteous and perfect judge, so all that we experience, good and bad is by His design and for His glory...and of course, for our good.

So, just as David writes in Psalms, all of us will have trouble in this world when we focus on the eternal and on Jesus.  Help us focus on how these troubles are for God's glory and our good.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God, full of love, grace, mercy, etc. for me.  I am not worthy of such a God as I continue to be impatient with people in my life.  Thank You for all the ways that You bless me Jesus and please forgive me for how I lack the grace for others as You have poured out on me.  Please forgive me and help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.