Thursday, February 4, 2016

For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God?

Psalms 18

For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? v31

For believers, this seems like an easy enough question to answer.  Jesus is our Lord and Savior. Yet when we truly examine our lives, how we spend our time, how we spend our money, etc.  Will it be clear that Jesus is our God?  This is a deeply penetrating question and my hope is that on Judgement Day Jesus does not say "I never knew you...":

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’  Matthew 7:21-23

Help me focus on the eternal.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God, full of grace, compassion, patience, etc. for me even though I am not deserving of such blessings.  I continue to use my words harshly, among my many sins.  Thank You for Your blessings but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength. Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin, and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.