Friday, February 19, 2016

Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalm 25

Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. v4-5

As I posted yesterday, I desire to live a life with "clean hands and a pure heart".  This is ONLY from God, for there is no other way - see here and in particular this verse:

What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. Philippians 3:8-9
 
For me, it starts with following the most important command from Matthew 22:37-38:
 
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment". 
 
I should then develop a hunger and thirst for righteousness:
 
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6
 
I do want to have my hope in Christ all day long.
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the ONLY way, the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father but through You.  You have blessed me in ways too numerous too count or mention...all throughout my life and every day.  Thank You Jesus but I am not worth such blessings.  I lack in patience and I am quick to anger...still!  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me develop a hunger and thirst for Your righteousness and to have my hope in You all day long.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin, and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.