Friday, February 5, 2016

The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul.

Psalm 19

The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. v7

Amen to that! Considering what David writes here, we should want to run to God as much as possible - right?  One would think so, but we too often run to what WE think is good for us versus what God thinks is good for us.  We must desire to run after the Lord, His words, His ways, etc.  We must trust that by chasing after HIM, He will transform our way of thinking into His way.

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

When we allow God to transform our heart, mind, and life, we will be filled and only seek His ways and thoughts.  Although we will never fully know God's ways and thoughts, God does become less of a mystery to us.

My Prayer: Lord, You are an incredible God and apart from You I can do nothing.  I feel filled because You have transformed my heart and life to be more like You.  Thank You Jesus!  Yet impurities remain and sin still rules in my life...I continue to be selfish, impatient, etc.  Please forgive me for these and my other sins and help me overcome these sins and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me over others as You.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation. Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.