Friday, February 26, 2016

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Psalm 27

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. v14

As I posted yesterday, the Lord can be counted on - He is our rock as, unlike people, he "does not change like shifting shadows.  What we must understand, however, is that patience, perseverance, nearness to God are all key to our trust.

In terms of patience, God's timing is not our timing so we must "wait" for the Lord.


For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

We must persevere - with God, the Holy Spirit, prayer, brothers and sisters in Christ, etc., we can overcome as God has overcome all things:


“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

We must also hunger and thirst for righteousness (Matthew 5:3, Psalm 1:1-3) because God will only be near to us if we draw near to Him, and when we are near to Him we can see God working in our lives, even though it may not be apparent at first what God is doing.  See also post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Name above all Names and my personal Lord and Savior.  You came to earth as flesh for me, knowing everything about me, and You suffered and died for me, even though You live a pure and sinless life.  Thank You Jesus!  You are the most incredible gift of all time!  I am not worth such a gift.  I continue to worry...about my kids...I am being the father You intend for me and the father they need.  Please forgive me for my worry and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me grow in my faith. Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa, Zach and Dustin, and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.